Dangerous Goods Warehousing & Storage
Purpose of the Course
This course gives students the knowledge to safely handle and store hazardous chemicals/dangerous goods.
Duration of Course
Students will learn the following:
- Legislation, WHS Act and Regulations
- Classification of dangerous goods
- GHS classification of hazardous chemicals
- Relationship between hazardous chemicals and dangerous goods
- WHS and ADG7 terminology and definitions
- WHS Regulations Chapter 7 and relationship with various associated schedules
- Interpret SDS information
- Marking and labelling
- Safe handling, storage and segregation
- Manifest quantity
- Placard quantity
- MHF Threshold quantity
- HAZCHEM Codes and their application
- PPE and Safety Equipment
- Emergency procedures
A certificate of attendance will be issued on completion of the course.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone who requires a general understanding of storage and handling hazardous chemicals/dangerous goods as required under the Work, Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations. No previous knowledge or experience with Hazardous chemicals/dangerous goods is required to be able to complete the course.