Shippers of Infectious & Diagnostic Specimens
Purpose of the Course
This course gives students the knowledge to safely handle and transport infectious substances, diagnostic specimens, dry ice and related substances (eg formalin, ethanol)
Duration of Course
Students will learn the following:
- Dangerous goods terminology
- Dangerous goods legislation for all modes of transport
- How dangerous goods are classified
- Identifying dangerous goods
- Handling, stowage and segregation
- Completion of documentation for transportation
- Recognising hidden dangerous goods
- Emergency procedures
Classroom assignments and exercises will give practical experience to put the knowledge gained to the test and enable the successful achievement of the assessment at the completion of the course.
A certificate is issued on successful completion of an end-of-course questionnaire and the qualification is valid for two years. Before the expiry of this time, you will be notified of course dates available for recertification to keep your qualification current.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone who requires a general understanding of infectious substances, diagnostic specimens, biological samples and associated substances. No previous knowledge or experience with dangerous goods is required to be able to complete the course.