Dangerous Goods Road/Rail Awareness
Purpose of the Course
This course gives students the knowledge to safely consign, handle and transport dangerous and hazardous substances by road/rail utilising the Australian Dangerous Goods Code (ADG edition 7).
Duration of Course
Students will learn the following:
- Chain of responsibility
- Content and applicability of ADG 7
- Dangerous Goods regulations/legislation applicable to state and territory
- Terminology and definitions applicable to the code
- Classification of dangerous goods
- Responsibilities of persons or entities in the transport chain
- Packaging, marking, labelling and placarding
- Handling, stowage and segregation
- Load restraint
- Emergency procedures
- Hazchem codes
- Occupational Health & Safety
Classroom assignments and exercises will give practical experience to put the knowledge gained to the test and enable the successful achievement of the assessment at the completion of the course.
A certificate of attendance will be issued on completion of the course.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for anyone who is involved with receipt and dispatch, consignor’s employees including supervisors and managers.
No previous knowledge or experience with dangerous goods is required to be able to complete the course.